OAK TREE PRESS is delighted to announce the forthcoming publication of DANCING AT THE FOUNTAIN: IN CONVERSATION WITH WORLD-LEADING HOTELIERS, a fascinating book of interviews by Conor Kenny, he meets seven of the world’s leading hoteliers, who between them have run the world’s very best hotels, and recounts their stories of their journey to the very top of the hotel industry.
Their stories are unique, sometimes emotional, always deeply personal and absolutely absorbing:
- Watching 9/11 happen live while on the telephone to her father in Switzerland;
- Dealing with bomb threats and possible evacuation of an entire hotel the morning Nelson Mandela is due to arrive;
- Greeting the great and the good, from presidents and heads of state to pop celebrities;
- Quelling rioters by serving them breakfast;
- Hosting the Ryder Cup golf tournament;
- Managing egos;
- Opening new hotels and reviving the old, while still keeping the spirit that made them great.
And the hoteliers’ insights on the future of luxury hotels make compelling reading, from a rarely-heard source.